Cassava Starch Automated Production Process Technology Description
The production process comprises of simple operations which have been mechanized, resulting in the upgrading of the traditional method of producing starch. The essential operations are as follow:
- To Cassava, the material is sent to cage washer through scrape board to get the result of decontamination, cleaning and peeling. Then through a paddle-washing slot, material is sent to crash section.
- We adopt the rasper to crash materials. Compared with traditional crasher, it has the large capacity, high starch dissociation degree features, which are essential to get high starch recovery between 25-30%
- The crashed material is sent to centrifugal sieve through pump to extract and separate cassava/potato residues. Centrifugal sieve group are 4 or 5 stages. The front stages are to extract starch and the last stages are to dewater the potato residue. The whole stage adopts countercurrent washing to get the best results and saving water.
- Cassava residue mainly fibers is sent out of workshop after separation of residue slurry for further processing through fiber compressor. Starch slurry reaches starch hydro-cyclone group to refine starch. 18 stages hydro-cyclone is usually adopted for cassava starch and is divided into three functional areas, which are starch washing, recycling and concentration area. The concentration of starch discharged from the last stage can reach 23Be. And protein is less than 0.1%.
- Dewatering section follows the refining section. Compared with other starch, it is more suitable for cassava starch to dewater by GKH series Siphon Peeler Centrifuge. Moisture content of dewatered starch is 38-40%. Wet starch is sent to drying system through belt conveyer.
- Starch drying adopts one grade negative pressure air-drying system. We add some automatic controlling equipment to the system to control the volume of hot in-taking gas and feeding through measuring the temperature of exhausting gas. Thus the stable temperature and moderate feeding volume can be assured to guarantee starch quality.
- Dried starch reaches sieving system. High efficiency cooling starch sifter is used to cool starch and get the best starch viscosity.
- Sieved starch now reaches to packing section. We adopt valve automatic packer that is controlled by computer. It has features of high accuracy and the error is less than 3%. Because of its full-seal operation, there is no powder dust in packing shop. It is the desired packing equipment for starch plant.